Here is our family blog about Katie, Stephen, Parker, Paige, and Sarah.

Monday, August 25, 2008

New Post!!

We have been very busy these last few weeks and our blogging has suffered because of it. Well Parker had his first birthday!! We had a birthday party for him and he got lots of books and toys. He even had his own cake. I made him this ducky cake. The duck was his cake and then everyone else got to share the "water" cake. We had lots of fun and were glad that so much of our families could make it.












Then the next day I gave April a baby shower. Everything went well and I think everyone liked the food. So needless to say I am partied out for a while. I also want to thank Amanda and Kylie for all their help!

5 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

that ducky cake is so cute!! did you make the pink cake too?! i could never do that, i cant even write my name on a cake with frosting :) your boy is so cute!!

The Davis Family Three said...

Katie - I am so impressed with your creativity! Love the duck cake, the watermelon carriage, and the pink cake too. Looks like you have been working hard entertaining! So fun...

amber:) said...

I love your new header! I espcially love how totally UNimpressed Parker looks by the whole thing. Doesn't he know how much drama went into that cake?!

Katie said...

No I didn't make the pink cake. It was just too much! So we decided buying it would be the easiest.

andrea said...

Cute parties! I love that stuff. I seriously took a double take at the duck cake...I made that same one for Andin's first birthday! I put cupcakes around it like bubbles. It takes forever piping those stars :) But you are a pro at cake decorating!