Here is our family blog about Katie, Stephen, Parker, Paige, and Sarah.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Brave boy

Parker had to go to the doctor for his 1 year check up this week. He had to get his shots and then they also had to draw some blood. This is the first time that they have taken it out of his arm. Before they just took it from his foot. I do not do well with the whole blood being drawn thing. So I am standing there holding Parker down and trying not to look, because if I do I know I will faint, and then trying to get him to look at me and not at the blood. He is such a funny kid because once the needle was in his arm he only wanted to watch the blood going down the tube. I couldn't believe it! He just laid there all calm and watched. He started crying again when they took the needle out, but still wow. I was impressed. So after all the shots and the blood being drawn I told Parker that we could go to McDonald's and get some french fries for him. It is his favorite. Once he was done eating his french fries we headed back to the car to go home and he threw up... needless to say it was a very hard day on him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I say "WOW!!" ?
That's amazing that he was intrigued by his blood being drawn. He seems to be toughie!
It was great to see you guys last weekend.