Here is our family blog about Katie, Stephen, Parker, Paige, and Sarah.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Parker's Birthday

Parker had his 4th birthday on Saturday. We were lucky enough to have his first friend birthday party. Parker wanted a Mario Brothers themed party. I couldn't find any decorations so I turned to the internet to find some ideas. We got a playground for outside for Parker's birthday and just let the kids play out on it and then we pulled out our bouncy house and also got a slip and slide and had a kiddie pool. We just let all of the kids play outside the whole time, except when we did food/cake/presents. The party went really well and Parker is already planning his birthday party for next year.... Pirates! We will see, it could change.


I made rice cripsey stars, marshmallow mushroom toads, and Oreo truffle bombs. All in keeping with the Mario theme.

The party bags.
Mario castle cake.


We were lucky enough to have Steve's parents come out for Parker's birthday. They got the kids a wheel barrow that pulls behind our lawn mower. Our kids LOVE it! Here is how our kids use to ride the lawn mower.

I have started practicing the piano, kind of, and Paige and Parker have decided that they like to play the piano too. I find them all the time playing all the time.
When we were in Phoenix last month we went to the Sea Life Aquarium with my mom. It was so cool.


We were in Phoenix for my sister Amanda's wedding. I was able to make her wedding cake for her. It was my first wedding cake, but I think it turned out pretty well. Paige was with me when I was shopping for supplies for the wedding cake. She had a hard time with the jet lag. 3 hours is a long time.
Here is Blake and Amanda. We are so happy for them.
Here is a picture the three youngest cousins on Steve's side. Three cute girls!


No comments: